Allan Janes LLP is a leading firm of solicitors based in High Wycombe and providing legal services to a wide range of clients in the Thames Valley, London and beyond.
We offer specialist commercial legal services to owner-managed businesses, SME’s , multi-national corporations and charities on a local, regional and national level.
Allan Janes LLP also has expertise in personal matters including Residential Conveyancing, Personal Injury, Employment Law and Wills and Inheritance Tax Planning.
We aim to deliver value by offering pragmatic and cost-effective advice to all our clients, big and small, personal or commercial.
Our employment team provides expert but pragmatic advice to both individual clients and commercial clients. These include owner-managed businesses, SME’s, multi-national corporations and charities on a local, regional and national level.
Employment law is a fast moving and ever changing area of practice. Not only can we guide employee and employer clients through any matters arising out of a current restructuring and reorganisation programme (including redundancies, settlement agreements, discrimination issues and employment tribunal claims) – we will actively engage with our employer clients to ensure that their employment contracts, service agreements and wider procedures are up to date, to protect the business should an issue arise.
Our employment team works closely with our corporate team to provide expert input and assistance with corporate transactions, including transfer of undertakings (TUPE) aspects of corporate acquisitions and mergers.
We have also created a fixed fee employment advice retainer scheme, which can be tailored to the requirements of your particular business.
Recent employment work carried out by our team includes:
• Providing advice to numerous employees of a pharmaceutical firm during the course of a substantial restructuring exercise
• Advising on all employment law aspects relating to the sale of a significant part of a client’s business, involving multifaceted issues concerning the transfer of staff under TUPE.
• Devising a flexible template fixed-term employment contract which allowed the employer to second employees to group companies all over the world, for any period of time.
• Advising on the application of TUPE to a large outsourcing project and secured appropriate protection for our client in the contractual documentation.
• Successfully defending our client from a sexual discrimination claim, where the damages claimed exceeded £1/4 million.
• Training a client’s managers on how to effectively manage and fairly dismiss under-performing employees.
21-23 Easton St, High Wycombe,
Buckinghamshire HP11 1NT
Tel: (01494) 521 301
Fax: (01494) 442 315